- Weatherford stretches out to approximately 27 square miles and is located at the intersection of US Hwy 180 & 80. Its early beginnings date back to 1855 where Parker County was created by the Texas State Legislature. The county was named after the state representative Isaac Parker. The Town of Weatherford was named after senator Thomas Jefferson Weatherford of Dallas, and according to his cousin, the senator ironically never visited the city itself.
- SOURCE: http://tx-weatherford2.civicplus.com/721/Brief-History
Weatherford Population Growth:
- Most recent total population: 27,769 (2014)
Weatherford Real Estate Growth:
- Weatherford’s cost of living index is 92.20 according to BestPlaces. According to Movoto, the median listing price in 2017 for homes is around $309,000 & Weatherford’s home resale inventories increased slightly, with a 5 percent increased since June 2017.
Major Attractions in Weatherford:
- Splash Kingdom Wild West: A ‘wild west’ themed water park with multiple rides like slides, a wave pool & a lazy river. The ideal family outing on a hot summer day!
- Chandor Gardens: Chandor Gardens perfectly combines ancient Chinese architecture with the elegance of an English garden. The garden is spread over a 3.5 acre estate, with the addition of a 30 foot man-made waterfall.
New Businesses in Weatherford:
- Film Alley Weatherford: The theater will be a 74,000 square feet entertainment center with 8 dine-in auditoriums, 24 bowling lanes, a sports bar, and a 4,000 square feet interactive arcade.
- Hobby Lobby + Academy Sports & Outdoors: According to Weatherford’s official site, the new Hobby Lobby Arts and Crafts store will be approximately 55,000 square feet and create 30 to 50 new jobs. Similarly with Academy Sports & Outdoors, the new Weatherford store will be nearly 63,000 square feet and create approximately 100 jobs.
If you or a family member are in need of a real estate attorney in the Weatherford area, the lawyers at The Farah Law Firm will work diligently to assist you in your time of need.