Mansfield is located on US Highway 287 sixteen miles southeast of Fort Worth in the southeastern region of Tarrant County. In 1857, a South Carolinian man by the name of Ralph S. Man and Virginian Julian B. Feildqv sold their sawmill and gristmill in Fort Worth and “moved to the wheat-producing area in southeastern Tarrant County, where they built a sawmill and the first steam-powered gristmill in the county and perhaps in the state.” These two settlers initially founded the settlement around the mills and the town was therefore named after the two men, with the spelling “Mansfeild.” Due to continuing spelling errors, the spelling changed from “Mansfeild” to “Mansfield.”
Mansfield Population Growth:
- Most recent total population: 62,246 (2014)
Mansfield Real Estate Growth:
- The cost of living index in Mansfield is reportedly 94.5, in comparison to the US average of 100. (2014)
- 224 commercial buildings, average cost: $368,500 (most recent 2014)
- Mean prices in 2015:
- All housing units: $203,739; Detached houses: $208,758; Townhouses or other attached units: $170,178; In 2-unit structures: $139,944; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $99,614; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $241,248; Mobile homes: $38,277; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $32,515
- Per http://www.city-data.com/city/Mansfield-Texas.html
Major Attractions in Mansfield:
- Big League Dreams: A replica baseball and softball complex that hosts weekly competitions and sporting events. In addition, they have an indoor soccer pavilion that hosts futsal competitions and also banquets.
- FieldHouseUSA: A state-of-the-art indoor sports complex that features 12 volleyball courts, 8 basketball courts, and food & beverages. They hold big sporting tournaments, leagues, and camps that vary in sport.
New Businesses in Mansfield:
- Dr Pepper StarCenter: The Dallas Stars host community ice rinks in multiple cities around the DFW area. There will be a new opening at the Mansfield location where kids can community members can host sporting and community events.
- H-E-B grocery store: H-E-B will be opening a new location in Mansfield, with construction beginning in 2019. The massive grocery market will take up 240,000 square feet of space at the southeast corner of East Broad Street and U.S. 287.
FUN FACT: According to Time magazine, Mansfield was ranked 17th for top places to live in the United States since 2014.
If you or a family member are in need of a real estate attorney in the Mansfield, TX area, the lawyers at The Farah Law Firm will work diligently to assist you in your time of need.