- The city of Arlington is located in eastern Tarrant County is halfway between major cities Dallas and Fort Worth. Founded in 1876, it was originally market town for local farms on the Pacific Railway. Its fertile blacklands and sandy loam attracted farmers because it was an ideal farming area for growing crop. The Trinity River served as the main water source for the city, and early settlements in the area included Bird’s Fort, Watson, and Johnson Station, which was founded by Middleton Johnson. SOURCE: https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hja13
Arlington Population Growth:
- Most recent total population: 383,204 people (2014)
Arlington Real Estate Growth:
- There were a total of 5,580 building permits issued in 2015, up 3.6 percent from the 2014 total of 5,384. The total value of building permits increased dramatically in 2015 by 47.3 percent to a total value of $531,827,051.
Major Attractions in Arlington:
- Six Flags Over Texas: Six Flags has been recognized as one of the most prominent rollercoaster destinations in the nation, with rides including The Texas Giant and newcomer The Joker.
- AT&T Stadium: The AT&T Stadium is the home of America’s team, the Dallas Cowboys. The new stadium is considered one of the best stadiums in the world, and it has the title of hosting the world’s largest HD video screen.
New Businesses in Arlington:
- Champions Park: a 54,000-square-foot complex of four retail/restaurant buildings under construction at the northeast corner of Interstate 30 and North Collins Street, is expected to open the first of possibly eight restaurants early next year.
- Greenway Investment Co: The company is working to create a mix of fast-casual and sit-down restaurants in the buildings and on four restaurant pad sites. The $30 million first phase will have a 70-30 mix of restaurants and retail.
FUN FACT: Arlington is the home of the headquarters for the International Bowling Campus, which includes the US Bowling Congress, International Bowling Museum, and the International Bowling Hall of Fame.
If you or a family member are in need of a real estate attorney in the Arlington area, the lawyers at The Farah Law Firm will work diligently to assist you in your time of need.